Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Introduction

Salutations:

I would like to welcome everyone as we undertake a task certain to bring relentless adventure and heaps of understanding into our academic lives. By way of logging entries onto this website, I look to enlighten not only myself, but also the legions of readers who will stumble across the works I will assemble in the coming months. My search for answers in the ever shrinking universe we live in along with my fascination of human society has led down this path to study the ancient way of the rhetor in the name of the acquisition of knowledge. The wondrous world of "civilized" humans meticulously and painstakingly developed over the past centuries has been directed by the ways of rhetor's and the artifacts which they create, whether it be speeches, writings, art, architecture, or media. I look to, as required of a student of this course, gain a general understanding of rhetorical criticism and (with the instructor willing) gain some hands on experience in writing rhetorical criticism of my own.
Until next time, this is "Rhetor's World" and you are living in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment